What is the WTF World Taekwondo Grand Prix?
- The World Taekwondo Grand Prix is an annual series of global taekwondo events featuring the world’s leading taekwondo athletes.
- Leg 1 – Moscow, Russia, 14-16 August 2015
- Leg 2 – Sansum, Turkey, 18-20 September 2015
- Leg 3 – Manchester, UK, 16-18 October 2015
- Final – Mexico City, Mexico, December 2015
- Only the top 31 athletes (as ranked by the World Taekwondo Federation) in each of 8 weight divisions are invited to attend plus 1 wildcard entry in each weight group from the host nation (excludes Final)
Where’s the Manchester event happening?
- The World Taekwondo Grand Prix in Manchester will be staged at the Regional Arena, which is next to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium in East Manchester, M11 3FF.
When’s it happening?
- The event takes place over 3 days from Friday, 16 October – Sunday, 18 October.
What’s the schedule?
- Female -67kg
- Male – 68kg
- Male +80kg
- Female -57kg
- Female +67kg
- Male -58kg
- Female -49kg
- Male – 80kg
- There are two sessions per day:
- Day session (9am-5.30pm): Preliminaries and Quarter-Finals held simultaneously across 3 courts
- Evening session (6.30pm (5.30pm Sunday) – 10pm (8pm Sunday)): Semi-Finals and Finals on the main show court
What tickets can I buy?
- Tickets can be purchased for a single Day/Evening Session, a Day + Evening session, all Weekend (Weekend Pass) or all 3 days (Competition Pass).
- There are two types of ticket:
- Premium seats are located in the seating block opposite the main show court and are Reserved (i.e. you get a seat number).
- Standard seats are located in the other two seating blocks and are Unreserved (i.e. you don’t get a specific seat).
- Tickets are cheaper if purchased in advance via ticketmaster.co.uk/wtgp
Is there parking at the venue?
- There is free parking adjacent at the Tennis Centre on the Etihad Campus. This is a short walk from the Regional Arena.
- Entry to this car park is via Gate 2 of the Etihad Campus, off Alan Turning Way.
What about the British team?
- There will be a strong GB team competing, including Olympic champion Jade Jones, Olympic bronze medallist Lutalo Muhammad, World Champion Bianca Walkden, World silver medallist Damon Sansum, World bronze medallist Rachelle Booth and European Games gold medallist Charlie Maddock.
- Mahama Cho will be fighting on the Friday
- Jade Jones, Bianca Walkden and Rachelle Booth will be fighting on the Saturday
- Lutalo Muhammad, Damon Sansum and Charlie Maddock will be fighting on the Sunday